Chef Wilkinson


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Competition

I've had several people ask me, "are your pies as good as Armstrong's"? My response has always been, "I can't say because I have not tried their product". Today, I had the opportunity to try their Blueberry and Chocolate Home Style Turnovers. Once I purchased the product I realized that they are not called "Fried Pies" but "Turnovers" as these are definitely a Mass Production product and not the Homemade product that Grandma used to prepare. As a customer and IF I had never had the priviledge of tasting my own product I would have given it a grade of "A" -but- since I have had the priviledge of consuming my own product I would have to give the Armstrong product a "C". The crust is no where as flaky as my product. The filling is nothing more than a filling product as you would find in a filled donut. Plus there was ALOT of area that had no filling in it. At least I can now answer when asked that I honestly feel that I have a product that is much better than the Armstrong Home Style Turnover. And keep in mind this is comparing two of their flavors that are NOT my best products. There were no Peach and Apple for me to do a comparison. So for all of you out there that say they have a great product you need to give mine a try ... they are the Best Around!