Chef Wilkinson


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, November 29, 2010

~ Checking out the Competition ~

This past weekend I decided to try some pulled pork BBQ at Martin's BBQ Joint located in Nolensville, TN. I have to say despite the fact of it being a bit pricey (my opinion of course) next to mine the BBQ was quite good. The meat was rarer than I prefer but very moist and the smoke was right on the money. The charred portions were nice and crisp not hard. They serve their sandwiches with a vinegar based sauce but I asked for a rib sauce, which was very good. It was very bold with a nice smoke flavor. Their webpage states that they serve their sandwiches with slaw but mine was absent the slaw, which was fine with me. It is served on a potato bun which was very fresh. The fries are with the peeling and seasoned with a cracked pepper. Again, for me it was a little pricey but compared to what other BBQ restaurants have to offer Martin's BBQ Joint gives the taste buds something to sing about. Stop in and give them a try. They are located at 7215 Nolensville Road. ~ Chef Wilkinson ~