Chef Wilkinson


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, April 9, 2010

~ The Art of Making Meringue ~

I don't know about you but making Meringue is my Achilles' Heal. After beating the egg whites to stiff peaks and spreading it on the pie I will bake it to set. Everything looks great and then once the pie cools ... it shrinks. So I have been doing some research to find that Meringue is a complicated subject. I had no idea that there were "types" of meringues: French (aka Basic meringue), Italian and Swiss. The difference being how the sugar is incorporated into the egg foam. In the coming days I will take each of these types and go into greater detail. It may take me several blogs to tell you what I have learned but when we are finished we will know everything there is to know about Meringue. Always in Good Taste! ~ Chef Wilkinson ~




French Meringue





Italian Meringue



Swiss Meringue